- Always wash your linen clothes on your machine’s gentle cycle with the lowest possible temperature (but don’t go above 40). You should be fine using fabric softener to get more softness.. If it is possible to select the water level in the washing machine, always use the maximum offered. Your clothing should move freely.
- Do not crowd the washing machine with too many items at once. This can cause twisting or pulling the linen fabric out of shape.
- Make sure that any other items in the washing machine are similar to your linen clothes in terms of color, weight and washing instructions.
- If you hand wash linen clothes, only use a gentle swishing motion – never wring, twist or scrub the fabric. Hand washing is recommended for clothes that is not heavily soiled, or for linen fabric with a loose weave, which might be damaged during a wash in a washing machine.
- Linen clothes as all other linen home textile has to be washed in lukewarm temperatures – never in cold or hot.
- Use only a mild detergent for washing and make sure that all of it is completely rinsed from the piece of clothing before drying.
- If your linen garment is pre-washed during a production process, it is safe to dry it in a tumble dryer. Make the drying temperature low and remove the garment while it is still slightly damp.
- Always try to dry your linen clothes flat. Hangers or clothespins can cause marks on the fabric and also cause deformation of the garment.
- If there is a need for ironing, iron your linen clothes while slightly damp.